Monday, January 18, 2010

Elder Jordan Gibby - January 18, 2010

From Jordan Mission

Elder Gibby's GPS
From Jordan Mission

Feels like home

From Jordan Mission

A Brazilian children's magazine - Gibi - pronounced Gibby

From Jordan Mission

Attacked by a dog - another I was blessed as a missionary moment

From Jordan Mission

Elder Jordan Gibby's first baptism - a whole family!

Elder Gibby write that things here are going well in Caxias, Brasil. He just went through his third transfer and is staying in his same area. He write, "[w]e have 2 wards and our area is over 15 miles. I am pretty much accustomed to it by now, its no problem. I bought some arch supports and they are helping out a ton. I guess because we walk so much here are all the streets are cobble stone, I have lost my arches on my feet."

He was able to experience his first baptisms this past week. "One thing that was pretty cool this past week was we baptized an entire family and confirmed them the following Sunday (yesterday). It was pretty legit."

"Another thing that happened this past week was I got attacked by a dog! I was walking on the sidewalk in a semi ghetto area and this giant dog head reached out, when i was talking to my companion, through the fence and got a hold of my shirt and completely destroyed the sleeve on it. I was lucky he didn't get my arm! I have had a few other times when dogs had been chasing us and I had to swing my backpack at them to get them to stop trying to attack us. For some reason dogs really don't like my companion (haha) so I blame him for my shirt getting destroyed (haha). They also have this magazine called Bibi, it is pronounced the same as our last name and it is for kids, so when people see or say my name they always laugh, I guess its a good thing."

No comments: