Monday, January 26, 2009

It Must Be the FLU


I am starting on my upteenth day of being sick (as in ill). I had a headache and body aches. Then I started coughing. I coughed until I though my lungs would come out. I went to the doctor and she said that I had bronchitis and it would clear up in a week or so. Well, the cough subsided after a week on prescription cough syrup (and we all know what that has in it). I was then back to body aches and chills. Then I started coughing again for a couple of days. Then is was back to malaise (sleeping 14 hours a day). Then back to coughing and head congestion. Now I have head congestion, a headache, backache and my throat is swollen up. I thought about going back to the doctor again, but I'll just have to pay another copayment to be told that I have a virus and it will run its course. In Knoxville, I had the actual influenza virus and it took about 2 months to get better. I am well into a month with this one and have given in to the realization that I probably won't feel much better until the snow melts. I have all this projects for the house in the queue, but they just aren't going to happen in the near term. I thought about painting the bedroom (I have just a small area to finish) this Saturday, but it only took a moment to decide that I really just wanted to lay on the couch. I am driving Sherrie crazy by watching movies, but that is about all I feel up to. I get to lay on the couch (moving about every 10 minutes to prevent the muscles from getting to sore) and the movie distracts me from how lousy I actually feel. Well, with some of that whining out of my system, I think I might feel a little better. Now I will hopefully have enough energy to make it up the stairs...

No comments: