Friday, January 30, 2009

Price - Another Great Utah Town

Yesterday I continued my tour of Utah towns that you are glad you don't live in. Well, as it turned out, I had already visited this particular town several years back. I had a training class in Price, Utah (no offense to anyone who finds Price an inviting community as apparently there are college students who chose to attend Eastern) yesterday. It was put on by the Rural Water Association of Utah so I guess the name says it all. They offer the training in rural towns (we have a rural water system at the plant). As I drove into town I remembered that coming back from Sherrie's grandmother's funeral we had stopped and spent the night in Price. Fortunately the weather was accommodating and drive over Soldier Summit was not bad except for a bit of snow blowing across the road near the summit. I ate lunch at a local chinese restaurant which proved to be a bad choice. I still have an upset stomach almost 24 hours later. The training was interesting. The drive home was really long. I opted to go through Lehi and take the back route to Tooele since they were describing traffic delays through SLC. As it turned out, the delay getting from I-15 to Eagle Mountain was probably worse than what I would have encountered in SLC. I don't know how the people who live west of Lehi put up with that traffic every day. With a little excess speed I was home in time to watch American Idol. That show is our family time (like the Wonderful World of Disney used to be on Sunday nights when I was young). Although instead of gathering around the TV to watch a cut mountain lion cub save a young boy lost in the woods, we critique the singers and judges (so it it much more interactive). We do have a good time together. I basically lounged on the couch for the whole program. I am still trying to get over this nasty flu that I have. My head cleared up for a while yesterday so I thought I was nearing the end. Then is came back with a vengeance last night. I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning and I still feel really lousy. I am beginning to think that this will be yet another weekend where I accomplish nothing.

No comments: