Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Elder Jordan Gibby - March 2, 2010

From Jordan Mission

Elders with the festival princesses
From Jordan Mission

The Grape Festival
From Jordan Mission

Jordan commented that they seem to really like dinosaurs in Brazil
From Jordan Mission

Happy 20th Birthday Elder Jordan Gibby!

Elder Gibby celebrated his 20th birthday this past Saturday. Wow, I can't believe that I have two children in their 20's now. I can remember celebrating my 20th birthday in Tiquisate, Guatemala when I was serving a mission just like it was yesterday. On the other hand, I have a hard time remember what happened yesterday. Well, Elder Gibby didn't get much of a birthday celebration. He writes, "I didn't have a birthday party cause my birthday was on transfers. However, a lady in one of our wards made me a cake regradless if I stayed in this area or left. I stayed because my companion's escape plan worked for him." Hopefully, this will be the last transfer that Elder Gibby spends in his current area - after a few months he is feeling the need for change. This will be his third companion in this area. He has a new companion that he really likes.

It sounds as if they experience some of the same problems there that we have here from time to time. "I am focusing on getting to our lunches everyday. I had to make our lunch calendar because the lady that has the calling for making our lunch calendar decided she didn't want to do it anymore."

"We went to festa da uva a week ago for pday and got a lot of cool pics and I got some pictures with what they call the pricesses of the grapes. Kinda interesting. They are pretty but were using way too much makeup haha."

"I'm not sure what's up with these people and dinasours, they always include dinasour statues in various events haha, I thought it was pretty funny."

No comments: