Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Again

It seems at times that I spend a disproportionate amount of my life on Monday. Maybe in the space-time continuum there is a time warp and Monday actually lasts longer than the other days. That would lend itself to an unscientific substantiation since Saturday seems to be much shorter than the other days of the week. If we could just resynchronize the calendar then Monday would be the shortest day of the week and Wednesday would be the longest day of the week (well, maybe that isn't such a good idea).

I had a fairly uneventful weekend. Sherrie and I went to the Chinese Buffet (only place to get sushi in Tooele). We took Jonathan and Sarah with us since it costs just as much to go get them fast food before we go out to eat. We had a nice family dinner. I noted that I have finally arrived at the point in life that I couldn't read my fortune because I didn't have my reading glasses with me. After dinner we enjoyed a nice quiet evening at home with Jonathan. On Saturday I worked on completing the quilt rack while Sherrie and Sarah went into SLC to clothes shop. I actually took the opportunity to sleep in (which I hadn't done for quite a while) and didn't get up until noon (probably a contributing cause to the day feeling so short). I finished the drawers and attaching the mounting brackets. Now all I have to do is stain it and mount it on the wall. Sherrie will finally be able to display her quilts.

On Sunday evening we received a call from Sister Frye in Alabama. Jared is living with the Frye's and she wanted to call Sherrie and let her know that Jared and his companion were moved into their house and doing great. She even turned the speaker phone on so that Jared could hear his mother's voice. It was nice to hear that he is doing well from somebody else.

Jordan continues to enjoy SUU. He went into the campus radio station (Power 91) and recorded a track. They have been playing it on the radio so he has become a campus celebrity. He also let Sherrie know that he is now the Priesthood pianist. All those years of lessons did teach him to play the piano(even though he tried to convince us otherwise). He is going to the Institute Dance. He asked a young lady from Beaver (she is a student at SUU). She is from an apartment that is referred to as "The Beaver Barbies" so she is apparently quite cute (Jordan always does have good taste). We are anxiously awaiting a picture.

I was able to watch Kung Fu Panda and Get Smart over the weekend. They were both good movies. I also watched one of my favorites, Phantom of the Opera, again. I would love to go to Las Vegas and see that in the theatre there again.

It's only about a month now until the Gold's Gym opens in Tooele, so that leaves me just about a month of enjoying donuts and icecream. Once I re-start my workout regiment I have vowed to give up the good foods in exchange for healthy foods. Since enjoy watching movies, I should be able to run for a long time in the theater room - I will get my exercise and relaxation time in at the same time. Well, as you can tell by reading this, I am running out of things to say. Winter is setting in and I don't have as many places to go and can't work in my yard (although we did clean it up on Saturday) so I don't have much to write about. The last big, exciting event in the yard until spring will be the hanging of the Christmas lights that I hope to accomplish this week. Then it will be bunkering down through the holidays and emerging sometime in February when the snow melts.

No comments: