Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jared Wednesday Update - 07/29/09


Elder Deets (Mesa, AZ) and Elder Gibby

Yep, I was actually doing some cooking. It ended up being a pretty good meal. Elder Deets thought it was so cool that I was cooking for him.

There I am on the floor. We found that crazy blanket in the closet and decided to use it as a rug. It looks like on anyways.

The bible belt one is SWEET!!! We talked with the guy in there for about 30 minutes. He was telling us about how he almost saw God. It was an intense story. He took the pic for us.

Jared completed his transfer and received his new "greenie" fresh out of the MTC. It sounds like they had a really good week.

"This week has been pretty sweet. Transfers were last Thursday. We woke up at 5:00 and left bright and early. For some retarded reason, and don’t ask me why, I ended up leaving one of my suitcases outside the elevator. I couldn’t believe that I forgot it. I didn’t find out until I was standing outside my new apartment in Oxford. That was a pretty funny situation. I called Elder Allred and he had Marlene come down and drop it off for me that night. Luckily I only went a few hours without that suitcase. It had all my toiletries and stuff in it so I would have had to buy new ones or something. It’s all good now, I have my suitcase. So anyways, Thursday morning I went to the trainers meeting. It was sweet. There were 12 Elders and 1 sister who came in this transfer. It’s a pretty big group. That’s good that we had 12 come in because 12 left. We don’t want our mission to get smaller. So my new companion is Elder Deets. He is from Mesa, Arizona. He’s an awesome guy. He has that greenie fire and it’s rubbing off on me. We have been working like we are crazy. It’s great. "

"WE met the Branch President, President Thorton. He’s an awesome president. HE’s super excited about missionary work. Apparently the branch here only needs 8 more baptized bodies in order to petition to become a ward. He asked me to give a talk this past Sunday, and I did. It was sweet. Friday we did some planning. Mostly organizing the map and the area book to see who they had been working with, pretty much we are starting all over. It’s kinda nice because then I can organize stuff they way I think it works best. And I like organizing stuff so it all works out. We went on a team up Saturday with one of the recent converts. It was great. WE went to a town called Heflin, about 15 miles east of here. The people we went to see weren’t home so we did some “three dooring,” the three door rule where you knock the houses on each side and the one across the street. We ended up talking to some pretty cool people and we are going to go back and teach them. "

The members of the Church in the South were always good about taking care of the missionaries, "The branch is full of really nice people. I am really going to like the members here. They pretty much feed the missionaries every single night so that’s good. Yesterday a family took us to Cracker Barrel for breakfast that was awesome. I love that restaurant. Mmmm it’s sooooo good." I think that I would like to go to Cracker Barrel. It has been a long time since I have been to one. I guess Britney knows where they will go out to eat when Jared gets home.

"We just are a couple of busy Mormon bees. The work is great. I love training for my second time. It’s awesome. All is well. "

No comments: