Friday, May 29, 2009

Is It Swine Flu?

Well, what I thought was a 12-hour viral infection is going on its third day now. I will cycle through feeling not too bad and then almost all of a sudden, I have no energy, am dizzy and feel like I am going to collapse. I have all the symptoms of a flu, but I really don't want to go into the doctor so that I can pay him to tell me what I already know and that there is nothing to treat it. I realize that I just have to let it run its course. Yesterday I went home from work a couple of hours early because I was really starting to feel sick. I went right to bed and slept for about 3 hours. When Sherrie arrived at home she wanted to go to Walmart. We did need to pick up some things at the store so I went with her. Walking around the store for a few minutes just about did me in. I didn't know if I was going to make it back out to the car. When we got back home, I laid on the couch for a couple of hours watching So You Think You Can Dance waiting for the Ibuprofen to kick in. About 10:00pm I was feeling much better. I had energy and was sweating rather than freezing. I went to bed and slept the whole night. I awoke feeling better. But after sitting at work for about 3 hours, I am really starting to feel sick again. I must have the fever back, because I am feeling chilled and it is almost 80 degrees in my office (the air conditioning in my hallway doesn't work so we swelter all summer long). I can feel that my body is telling me to go to bed and sleep. I guess I will see if I can make it to lunch time. I probably should have just stayed home today, but I always feel guilty when I stay home sick. I would rather at least try to go into work (and infect everyone else in the process) than call in sick. Well, I hope that it isn't the swine flu and I hope that I am feeling better tomorrow.

No comments: