Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Elder Jordan Gibby - October 27, 2009


Elder Jordan Gibby's apartment


Elder Jordan Gibby's companion


Jordan on the plane to Porto Alegre


The new group of missionaries reporting to the Porto Alegre North Mission

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to receive an email from Jordan. We received an email from the mission president yesterday so I guess that I figured we wouldn't receive one today. "I am now in my first area. ...My trainer is Brazilian and he dosen't speak English so that poses a slight problem. However I think I am getting a little better at speaking. ... I am happy to actually be working now. ... The food here is really good, they members feed us a lot. I think you would love to see the area I am in, it is called Caxias. It is an agricultural city that is really pretty. ... We had church on Sunday and it was pretty nuts, I had to give an entire talk without being able to prepare, I basically said a few things about where I was from and how long I have been here and that the church is good."

No comments: