Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Elder Gibby Status Update - October 15, 2008

It is hard to believe that it is Wednesday again (I know I say that every Wednesday). They are seeming to roll around faster than they did when Jared first left. He has been out 161 days (22%), but whose counting (well, I can think of at least two people). He is continuing to enjoy his mission and work hard. Jared is now starting to see some of the fruits of his labors. It looks as if they will have some baptisms in the near future.
He enjoys his new companion. I won't try to spell his name because it isn't one that I am familiar with. He is working as the new Elder's trainer. Sherrie received a nice packaged from Sister Hann and Jared last week. Jared sent her a beautiful bracelet that spells out "MOM" with silver M's and rhinestone O's. Sister Hann sent her a beautiful music box with pictures of Sherrie and Jared in the top and a hand beaded bracelet (Jared must have told her how much Sherrie loves bracelets).
Jared stated in his email that they are trying to divide the Huntsville Stake and they need additional active Melchizedek Priesthood so they are really encouraging the missionaries to step up their efforts (I don't know if Jared could work much harder than he already has). Anyway, we are really proud of his determination, enthusiasm, faith and work ethic. I know he is proving to be a great blessing to the Birmingham Mission. Sherrie and I are already looking forward to going down there when he finishes his mission.

No comments: