Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jared Wednesday Update - 08/26/09



Pic #30 is of me lying in the middle of Sis. McGlauphlins lawn. I mowed the entire thing with her push mower and bagged it too. Elder Deets was running the weed wacker. The heat was a killer!!



#24 is a picture of our district. From left to right; Elder Harris, Williams, Me, Floyd, Deets, and Dorr. We are a sweet district. It's a lot of fun.



This last one was pretty funny. We were walking outside to get the phone, we left it in the car, and I saw this little toad outside of our door. You know what they say if you kiss a toad right? haha

Jared had the opportunity to go down to Birmingham to a temple session. "Well, last Wednesday we had the opportunity to go to the temple. It was a wonderful experience. The Birmingham temple has been really busy since the Atlanta temple closed in the beginning of July. Apparently they are doing some reconstruction on the Atlanta temple and earthquake proofing it so we are getting a lot of people from Georgia coming over. Luckily every third Wednesday they have a special missionary session at 1:30. However, most of the missionaries go to the 10:00 AM session so they can have time to do their other pday activities. Brother Haslam, a member of the Oxford branch who actually served his mission here about 6-8 years ago, took us to the temple."

He taught a district training meeting, "Friday I had my DDM training. It went really well. I did my training based off of Lehi’s final words to his sons when he told them to “Be MEN” from 2 Nephi 1:14-24. I talked mostly about three points that can help us be better men of God; obedience, unity, and righteousness. It ended up being a really awesome training. I used some talks from Henry B. Eyring and D. Todd Christofferson. I concluded with what the Savior said when his disciples asked Him what manner of men they ought to be and then answered, “Verily I say unto you, even as I am” (3 Nephi 27:27; 18:24) It was a great DDM and afterwards we went out to Cracker Barrel to eat. Boo yaaa, I love that place. Haha."

He is staying busy and very positive. It is hard to believe that he is coming up on his 16 month anniversary. Christmas will be here before we know it and then it will be only 4 months until he comes home. WOW!

No comments: