Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jared Wednesday Update - 09/19/09


This is the world's biggest office chair. It's pretty crazy. Back in the day people were able to go and sit up on it but now with insurance reasons they aren't able anymore.


Last week we went to the driving range and hit a couple of buckets of balls. It was a lot of fun. I ended up getting a blister on the palm of my hand. Oh well, We had a blast.

I received Jared's letter early this morning. They apparently get to go to the Birmingham Temple today so letters had to go out earlier than usual. He is again working his area very hard. He writes, "Thursday night we played ball up at the church. It’s pretty sweet. Apparently I can jump like a black guy. Haha." I guess he never saw the movie White Men Can't Jump.

On a more serious note, "Yesterday we were having an alright day and had a pretty surprising experience at lunch. We went to Dad’s BBQ for lunch. MMmmmm it was great. I love the southern BBQ. It’s so much better than out west!! Our waitress asked us if we could pray for her. I said, 'Sure, we’ll do that.' Then she said that she wants to start going back to church. I’m like, 'Well, how about you come up to our church?' She’s like, 'Alright, I just need a ride.' I’m like, 'No problem, we can do that.' Then she said, 'I haven’t been baptized.' That kinda struck me off guard, first of all almost everyone in the south has been baptized at least once, and nobody really says that to people so I was surprised. I told her, 'Well, you know that Christ taught that in order to go to heaven you need to be baptized?' She’s like, 'Can I get baptized this Sunday?' I told her, 'Well…., you can’t get baptized this Sunday. Since baptism is a sacred thing you can’t just rush into it. What we do is we teach people four lesson to help them prepare for baptism and strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ, How about September 5th?' With much enthusiasm she’s like, 'YES!!' Then she wrote it down on her little notebook and was super excited. I’ve never had an experience like that before so I’m pretty excited about it. Cassandra is her name and she’ll be coming to church this Sunday as well as one of her co workers Queshona. I’m excited!!!"

He is also working with several other families and a couple of youth. I am proud to see the success he is experiencing in his new area.

No comments: