Monday, September 21, 2009

Cecret Lake - September 20, 2009



On Sunday afternoon we decided to find someplace beautiful to spend some time. We drove up Little Cottonwood Canyon to the Albion basin (no we didn't stop at the Oktoberfest). At the end of the public road is the parking place for the Cecret Lake trailhead. No the description said "interpretive trail" which I envisioned as a boardwalk on a flat surface to a pond. Well, in actuality, it was a real trail with some inclines and breathtaking scenery. We all made it to the top (so Sherrie and I working out every night must be paying off). I hadn't been up to Alta since I was much younger. I vaguely remember a drive up there with my grandparents. I will go back again (during the non-snow months - I wouldn't want to drive that road with snow on it).

No comments: