Monday, September 14, 2009

One Down and Four to Go

Here I am at the end of Monday. I started this week so tired from my weekend that I am relieved I survived the first day. I was up at 5:00 am on Saturday to drive up to Island Park. I worked on the cabin and got it winterized. We were up again at 5:00 on Sunday morning to get the cabin drained and head off to to Idaho Falls. I enjoyed listening to Jackson Farnsworth's talk (even if it was at 9:00 in the morning). He is really prepared to leave on his mission. We enjoyed a nice lunch at the Farnsworth's and then headed back to Tooele. Today I had to go to "smoke school". This is an every six month activity where I have to certify that I can read the opacity of visible emissions from "smoke stacks". The class didn't start until 12:00 so by the time we started the thunderstorm was upon us. As as result of the bad weather I have to go back again tomorrow (bummer). I have a really full week at work so I'm not excited about spending another day at smoke school. On the upside, my run at the gym was easy tonight. I finished up my 35 minutes and wasn't even winded. I guess after three weeks I am finally getting back into shape. It seems like it took longer in Eugene, but I was probably more out of shape when I started there. I'm down 17 pounds from three weeks ago, but I didn't dare weigh in this morning after eating farewell cake and birthday cake yesterday. I guess it is time to go to bed as it is 9:00 and it is dark and rainy outside. I tried looking for houses tonight, but I gave up since there isn't much in the narrow band of criteria that I've set. There was hopeful house, but it turned up to be on a street that wasn't any better than the one I live on. I may just have to buy a lot and build a house. Well, I can't start on the housing situation or I will be here writing all night long.

No comments: