Monday, September 28, 2009

Grandma Celebrates 94!

From 2009-09-27 001

From 2009-09-27 001

From 2009-09-27 001

We went in on Sunday (September 27) to visit my grandmother for her 94th birthday. Her birthday was actually on Saturday, but prior commitments prevented us from going in on that day. It was a nice Sunday visit. While her lack of strength keeps her in bed most of the time, she was still very sharp mentally. We enjoyed a pleasant conversation. I even learned that her parents didn't have indoor plumbing at their house until well after she and grandpa were married (I remember my great-grandparents house very well). She remarked that her sons tell her she will outlive them all and she is starting to think that she might. Jonathan told me after we left that my grandma was funny. He apparently appreciated some of her subtle humor. She enjoyed the chocolates that we brought. We didn't eat the cake, so I hope she and her caregivers enjoy it. It is really amazing to think that she has lived to be 94 with as good of health as she has. She said she has reached the oldest age of anybody in her family or grandpa's family that she knows of.

No comments: