Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Reunion

My Aunt Nita (Mom's sister) and Uncle Bob hosted the annual Elmo Taylor Family Reunion at their home in Murray, Utah. It was fun to attend again this year. All my Aunt's and Uncles were there along with my cousins Wendy (Nita & Bob) with her husband and three children (little Annie is just too cute for words!), Krista (Kay and Lynn) with her husband and children, Portia with 2 of her daughters, Laura and her beau, and Sammie and his wife (Dan & Sandra). Val (Kay & Lynn) and his family didn't make it because they had a baby a couple of days ago (that is an adequate excuse). We also heard that Mark (Allen & Beth) and his wife has just had a baby (in fact it came so fast it was delivered at home - good thing Mark is a physician!). My brother, Eric, and his wife, Natalie, brought their new baby, Tateym (hope I spelled that right). That was the first time I saw her. What a beautiful little girl. Holding her got me all ready to be a grandpa (well, actually I can wait a few years, but maybe we will have to babysit a few times). There was plenty of good food. Nita had plenty of fried chicken. I ended up just grabbing some food at Macey's on the way out of town. Too may things happening and I didn't have time to make anything homemade. I was glad that Mom had time to make her oatmeal cake. I think that is the only time we have that is at the annual family reunion (a very difficult, time-consuming dessert to make). We were glad to see Sione's mom there. It is difficult for her to attend these kinds of activities because she doesn't speak English very well. But it was nice to have her there with the rest of the family. This was the 20th anniversary of the death of Grandpa Taylor. It is hard to believe, but he did pass away the first year Sherrie and I were married. Time has really gone by fast. Now I have 2 children flown from the nest and only a couple of good years left before they stick me in a nursing home (they'd probably like to do that now since my clean the kitchen obsession becomes worse every year). I've posted a slide show of the reunion pictures below. Enjoy - I did.

No comments: