Thursday, April 16, 2009

Late Night or Early Morning

Here is it approximately 1:20 in the morning. I went to bed and my arm started hurting bad again. I don't know why it kicks in at night. I tried to go back to sleep but the pain was too much lying in the bed. I got up and read through Jordan's mission packet again. It is kind of scary sending him to the MTC in Sao Paulo, Brazil. We don't get to go through the missionary hand off experience that you get in Provo. But we get to see him off at the airport which we weren't able to do with Jared. I told Sherrie that we are definitely going to Brazil to pick him up after his mission. I have enough frequent flyer miles saved up to get two tickets to Brazil. So next year we get a trip to Alabama and the year after that Brazil.

I just looked out the window and the snow is really coming down. I though we might escape it, but it is a winter wonderland out there right now. We have 2-3 inches now and it is still coming down at a good rate. I guess I fertilized my lawn at the right time (Monday). This should really get the grass greening up. I just hope that it doesn't damage any of the other flowers or plants. My twisted, weeping, Japanese cherry tree is just coming into bloom for the first time. I hope I don't have to wait another year to see it bloom. The rest of the plants should be cold hardy and the snow does provide a protective blanket against colder air temperatures. This does seem to be the year that winter won't end.

I am feeling a little sleepy now so I will try the sleeping thing again. I just hope and pray that the pain doesn't start up again.

No comments: