Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mid Week Mid Month

Today started out well. I woke up just before my alarm feeling really good. About two hours into the day all of a sudden I felt like I could just go to sleep and I've felt that way the rest of the day. I'm sitting here now watching the Olympics (true couch potato posture). Every time I watch the Olympics I realize how out of shape I am and sit here and commit that I am going to get back in shape. Well, after how many Olympics I am more out of shape than ever (not very good at following through on commitments to myself). I actually did make good headway at getting physically fit in Eugene. But over the summer I think I've lost all the gains I ever made. I've taken the opportunity to drive with Jordan to and from work everyday. It has been a neat opportunity to spend time together and talk. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is his second to last day. It will be strange getting back on the vanpool. He has done a great job and made me proud. They are really going to miss him. I talked with HR and let them know that he is interested in working over Christmas break. They are interested in having him work (he refers to that as his scooter money).

With Sherrie getting ready to go back to teaching, Sarah and Jonathan back to school and Jordan off to college, I've felt a little overwhelmed and haven't gotten much done. I got my laundry room cabinets installed. I bought all the trim, but have yet to go in and trim them out. For the last several days, I've just come home from work and sat down on the couch - too tired to do anything. I did finally go out and water my flowers tonight. I think they may feel a little neglected. I have to admit that I am looking forward to fall/winter so that I don't have to worry about the yard (and just to get away from the heat).

Sarah went to Lagoon today with her friend. I haven't seen her all day. I will probably be in bed before she gets home. Jordan took off to hang out with his friends before he goes to school. His friend, Kent, just go back from the American Idol tryouts in Kansas (or somewhere in the midwest). Jonathan is sick with a head cold (his all night video game sleepover is getting back at him). Britney is coming up tomorrow night. I think she is going with Sarah and Jonathan to Lagoon on Friday. There is just so much happening all the time. I feel the need for life to slowdown a little.

We got a letter (email) from Jared today. He is going well and loves his area. He has some people that he is teaching now. He just has trouble getting them to come to church (they can't call them investigators until they come to church now). He is losing his companion in a few days. He has really enjoyed with this elder. Today he was going to the NASA Center in Huntsville. I'm sure that was a fun outing. The Hann's went to Nauvoo on vacation and brought sourvenirs back for the Elders. They are really too good to the Elders (but I'm not going to complain).

I can feel myself shutting down. Maybe tomorrow I'll start on my quest to get back into shape ..;.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I'm going to start tomorrow too. Yeah, that's the ticket--tomorrow. ;-)