Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Day Is It?

After a week of sleeping in one hour increments I am feeling pretty foggy. Sitting here at my desk I couldn't figure out what day of the week it was. My brain kept telling me it was Friday (very wishful thinking). I finally determined that it was Wednesday, although I was fairly sure at one point that it must be Thursday. It was particularly rough last night because it finally cooled down and I went into a deep sleep for those short increments between medication cycles. It is all worth it, though, as the eye continues to heal. Last night it looked even better. The swelling is almost gone and it is more pink than red. I am so relieved that it is healing up without the prospect for long term problems. Only one more week of this sleeping regiment. Sherrie has another doctors appointment on Thursday (which I believe is tomorrow). I am hoping that he will scale back the every 2 hour medication to every 4 hours which would certainly help both Sherrie and I feel better. Last night after we got home from work we took the kids to Subway for dinner and then came home and we went to bed (yes, at 7:00). When we woke up at 9:00 for the eye drop Sherrie remembered that we needed to pick up another prescription at the pharmacy (which closes at 10:00), so I rushed out the door . I've been to the pharmacy so often in the last week that even in drive through the pharmacist asked how Sherrie was doing (there are nice things about living in a small town). I then had trouble getting back to sleep so I read until the 10:00 medication. I feel like I could go to sleep sitting here in my office chair. Well, I had better wake up and get to work ...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love that you couldn't figure out what day of the week it was. So funny. But I'm very glad that Sherrie's eye is doing so much better; Mom had told me it was healing quite nicely and that Sherrie was playing the part of a pirate (a patch) for part of her dyas.