Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Day at the Mag Mine

Here it is another day at the Magnesium Mine (technically it is a mining operation even though we are taking the magnesium from the Great Salt Lake water). I am so tired from being out in the sun all day yesterday that I am having a hard time staying awake. I actually took a short nap in my chair at lunch. I feel for Jordan today. He got home at about 1:00 in the morning after working 12 hours and had to turn around and get back up at 5:30 to come back out here for another 8 hours. I was thinking as I was driving out here that maybe I should have swapped yesterday for today. Pioneer Day is kind of like Halloween or Valentines Day, it's one of those holidays that doesn't necessarily justify time off work (we don't even get President's Day off here). It would have been much easier to go to Lagoon today and then sleep in tomorrow. But I guess that is what we are doing anyway.

Tonight Sherrie and I are going back to Lagoon to watch the shows that we didn't get to see last night. Britney, Sarah, Jonathan and Kelsey (the neighbor girl) went this morning to enjoy another day in the blistering heat. You just don't feel the heat as much when you are younger. They are likely having a blast without parents there to worry about them. I remember when our children were young and we would see the older teenagers there by themselves and wonder what type of parents allowed their children to go to Lagoon by themselves. Well, we are those parents now - so I guess those other parents we were questioning at the time were probably good parents too. I am hoping to go hiking tomorrow morning, but with temperatures predicted over 100 I'm not sure that it would be a good idea. Although when we hike to Willow Lake a few weeks ago, it was in the 90's in the valley and much cooler in the mountains. I guess I will just have to see how everybody feels tomorrow (they are usually agreeable if it doesn't involve getting out of bed before noon). Now that I've been able to wake up a bit, I had better get some more work accomplished in this last hour....

No comments: