Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday is too Short


Here it is late on Saturday evening again. This time of the week comes all too fast. I hate to go to bed because I know I will have to wake up and it will be Sunday (not that I dislike Sundays, but it means another week starts). I don't think I dreaded Sunday quite as much when church started later in the day (we have 9:00 church which is so hard to get to with teenage children). Families with small children think that it is hard to get to church, wait until they have teenagers that aren't going to move any faster than they want to. A teenage daughter is not going out the door until she is completely ready, even if it means arriving 30 minutes late! I love my children dearly, but I can see where some things will be much easier when they are out on their own.

I didn't get to go hiking today. It was really too hot to go, but I still felt disappointed. Jordan, Jonathan and I went to the indoor city swimming pool to get out of the house for a few hours. It was my first time there. It is really nice. It was fun to swim and not be out in the blaring sun. We all had a good time.

Jordan had a birthday party to attend tonight, so Sherrie and I took Sarah, Jonathan and Britney to dinner at the Chinese Buffet. Everybody seemed to enjoy it but me. For some reason, it didn't set well with me and it left me with an upset stomach. So Jonathan and I came home and watched a movie (The Bourne Ultimatum). I felt a little better by the end of the movie, but even now I still don't feel well.

The time keeps ticking by and I keep postponing going to bed... Tomorrow morning is going to arrive much to early!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

We have 9 am church, too, and Sione had to work at 7 am, so I was getting Viliami ready by myself. That kid does NOT like to get up--he is a SLEEPER. I guess he does have some of me in him. :-)

So is it a Taylor gene that makes us not want to go to bed at night?!

David Gibby said...

Must be because Dad always went to bed early. I remember Grandpa Taylor liked to stay up and watch the news while eating ice cream. Of course, he also liked to get up early (so the I don't want to get up gene must have come from somewhere else)!