Sunday, March 15, 2009

1000 Miles in 2 Days

 
 
 
 
Well, it's not quite the Amazing Race, but it felt like it to me. I took Friday off work to drive down to Cedar City, Utah and bring Jordan back to Tooele. I left early in the morning and arrived about 9:30 am, in time to take him to his physical appointment. After the physical we went to lunch at Lucky's Chinese Buffet (not bad). I then dropped him off for his classes on campus and I took a drive up Cedar Canyon towards Cedar Breaks. I made it to the summit, but the road up to Cedar Breaks was still covered in deep snow. If I had known there were snowmachining trails up there I could have taken one of my machines down and rode for an hour of so while Jordan was at class. We left Cedar after his class and headed back (driving at the speed limit of course)to Tooele. We arrived home at 9:15 pm and changed into our Sunday clothes. We walked over to the Bishop's house and met with him and Brother Heder from the Stake Presidency. I ordained Jordan to the Melchizedek Priesthood. We were able to sit and chat with the Fivas' for a few minutes. Jordan tried to see some of his friends, but nobody was in town so he stayed home and played Guitar Hero with Jonathan. Saturday morning we headed off to Cedar about 10:00 am. We arrived in town about 1:30 pm and went straight to Lucky's Buffet again. Jordan had enjoyed it so much the first time he chose to go back. Sherrie found a little quilt shop next door to the restaurant so she ended up enjoying the trip as well. She also has a new project to work on. We dropped Jordan off at this apartment and headed back to Tooele arriving at about 7:00 pm. I AM TIRED. That is too much driving to do in a subcompact car. I don't think it would have been as bad in a nice comfortable sedan. But the gas mileage with the Subaru is much better than any other car I own. I survived it, but I have a sore back today and a sore wrist. I think all that driving left with with a little tendinitis in my right wrist. All in all, our travels were safe and without incident; Jordan is now an Elder and one step closer to having all his mission papers submitted.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: