Saturday, March 21, 2009

Off the Wagon - At Least a Couple of Arms

I didn't go to the club on Friday night and run. I didn't go this morning either. Before you shame me. I probably did work out harder than if I had gone to the club. I decided that the backyard needed to be cleaned up before the snow potentially hit tonight or tomorrow. I bribed Jonathan to help for a while. We ended up bagging 14 extra large trash bags of yard debris and dead plants from last year. My back now hurts, my shoulders hut, the bottom of my feet hurt (should have worn shoes, but it was such beautiful weather), the palms of my hands hurt (should have worn gloves). At about 2:30 I decided that I had reached my limit and was so dizzy from bending over that I needed to take a break. We took Jonathan to Big 5 and bought him a new pair of school shoes. Then we decided to go into Salt Lake. Jonathan didn't want to go, so it was just Sherrie, Sarah and myself. We first went to Western Gardens in West Valley City. I wanted to see if they had any of the fancy varieties of echinacea. I found three that I didn't have and they also had a red pulsatilla vulgaris that I was looking for. Now that I have the standard varieties, it is harder to find plants because I look for the specialty ones.

Echinacae Harvest Moon

Echinacae Sunset

Echinacae Sunrise

Pulsatilla Red

I had planned to work on the handrail for the stairs today, but I just don't have enough energy left to take another job and it is already 8:30 at night. I bought the wood, I guess that is an accomplishment on the project. I hope that I will be able to stand up tomorrow. I didn't think I had done that much, but now my back and shoulders are telling me otherwise. I guess that it is time for a good soak in the hot tub.

No comments: