Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Elder Gibby - Gadsden - March 18, 2009

It has been another week for Elder Gibby in the Birmingham, Alabama Mission. He has been out 315 days (almost a year). That calculates to 43% complete. Wow, it really hasn't seemed that long. I've included some excerpts from his letter today.

"Well, things are goin fantabulous down here in the land of Bama. Transfer calls were yesterday and President Tate called me to be district leader again here in Gadsden and my new companion will be Elder Bybee. . . I try to help all my companions out and love them all. . . Yea, he’s pretty crazy and funny. So this next transfer is going to be very fun and awesome. I’m super excited. Shelton is going over to Tupelo Mississippi and serving as a zone leader. He’s a great missionary and it was really fun serving with him. We learned a lot from each other. It will be sad to see him leave. He lives in Logan so we’re going to hang out when he gets back.

"Phil is doing wonderful. He loved church and still wants to get baptized. We talked about his baptism and he was able to watch the one that was on Sunday. I gave a talk on baptism at the baptism we had here at church this past Sunday for John Hill. It went really well. The Attalla elders taught him and baptized him. There are 4 missionaries in this city just to let ya know. But we talked to Phil and we are probably going to have to go in the font with him due to his prosthetic legs, and we will help baptized him with Quintin. That is going to be awesome. I’m super excited. He’s getting baptized not this Sunday but next.

"Yesterday we helped downtown Gadsden with “The Taste of Gadsden” that they had going on. We helped them set up tables and stuff like that. It was fun service. They had around 20 different restaurants from the Gadsden area and they were giving out samples of their food. It was really delicious. So we had a fun St. Patricks Day.

"I’m doing wonderful. Things seem to be flowing great. We are working hard and staying focused. I really seem like I’m actually starting to understand this whole missionary thing now. It’s so awesome and cool. The church IS true. I know it. Never forget your testimony. Continually feed your spirit. I love yall."

No comments: