Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Week Gone By

Wow!! Another week has gone by and I still haven't been in for a haircut. It really seems as if the last week started and ended at the same time. There was so much going on (not much of it fun), that time sped past at whatever speed time goes by at when it's going really fast. I don't remember much before Thursday so I will start there. On Thursday evening after work, Sherrie and I headed south to pick up Jordan from SUU for his birthday on Friday. We made it down in good time, but were delayed in returning just a big as the apartment of girls next door had birthday brownies for Jordan. We opted to take the longer route back and stay on I-15 given our previous experience in December when we were stranded in the middle of nowhere (which is located between Meadow and Delta, Utah). On that trip, my poor brother and father had to come recover us in Delta after we sat in our freezing, non-operable car for a couple of hours during the wee hours of the morning. That trip also cost me a new engine for the Subaru. We did make it back, albeit late, without incident. I was up bright and early for work and Jordan was able to sleep in. Jackson Farnsworth came up from BYU to spend the weekend sometime on Friday. That night we had pizza and cake to celebrate Jordan's 19th birthday. Mom and Dad came up from Saratoga Springs, but didn't get to stay too long because it is still winter and it gets dark and cold early. Jordan had a good birthday and spent the rest of the evening hanging out with his friends. Saturday morning he had an early visit to the Bishop's house to start his mission papers. He was able to hang out some more with his friends Saturday. He really enjoyed having Jackson up for a visit. On Sunday morning he was up even earlier to visit with the Stake President for his Elder interview. About 10:30 am we headed back south to return him to his apartment. Again the trip down went much faster than the trip back. On the way back we stopped in Saratoga Springs to drop off my mother's purse which she left at our house on Friday. We also took the Mazda truck back with us for my neighbor to repair. It wasn't really fun driving separate cars back, but Sherrie and I were able to talk on the phone (hands free of course...). We didn't hit any deer and only saw one drunk driver off the road with the highway patrol attending to him. So all in all it wasn't a bad trip except that we arrived home late and tired. I was, however, up bright and early to head out to work which was good because the Subaru had a dead battery (thank goodness I have a collection of jump starter packs). That wraps up a few days. I am still racking my brain to figure out what happened Sunday through Thursday. I guess if I can't remember it, it must not have been worth remembering...

No comments: