Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day Nine

Well, today was my ninth consecutive day on the treadmill. It really wasn't too bad. I watched a good portion of The Dark Knight so it really wasn't like being on a treadmill except that I had to keep adjusting the speed for my intervals. I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped to, but my pants are fitting looser, so I must be toning up some of that flab, or the fat is migrating upwards. Sherrie has been really supportive at making sure we go every evening after work. The hard part is coming home and getting dinner ready. Tonight we just went by Subway and had a "healthy" dinner.

Jonathan and I went out in the backyard to work on cleaning up whilst we have good weather. I hear snow is coming again on Sunday. Since it takes weeks for my north facing backyard to thaw, I am trying to get as much done before then as possible. I have a lot of new growth, I hope that it doesn't get too cold and kill everything. Oh, life in the frigid north. We made some headway in clearing out our million volunteer, native sunflowers. They were sure pretty when they bloomed, but they are a bugger to cleanout. They all twist around each other for support. I feel as if I am fighting them to get them out of the garden (and they're dead). But it must be done. They occupy the spot for my pond that will be put in this spring. Well, it is late in the evening, and if I am going to run tomorrow, I had better get some sleep.

No comments: