Monday, March 23, 2009

Sarah Turns 17






We celebrated Sarah's birthday quietly at home. After church we came home and had pizza for dinner (yes, I committed a sin and bought pizza on the Sabbath). However, even sinful pizza tasted really good. We had a icecream cake for her birthday cake and then opened the presents. Sarah is at the hard to get gifts for age. Of course, she has always been difficult to identify gifts for because she won't ask for anything and is happy with what she has. We decided on an iPod Nano (the new 8gb version). Well, I should say I recommended that and Sherrie went along with it. Sherrie would rather have anything for a gift rather than electronics. It was the only thing that I could think of that I new she would enjoy and could take with her to college in about a year. She was really happy with it and spent her day off school (Monday) at her friend's house loading music onto it. Of course, I don't have the music that she would put on her iPod. I think I'm hip because I listen to some of what I think is current music. But it is obviously not current enough. We watched Shrek (the first) to close out the day and all had a good laugh together. It was a nice birthday for a beautiful daughter.

No comments: