Thursday, March 12, 2009

How Fortunate Am I

This has been a zinger of a week and its not over yet. I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back (and slid an addition 3-4 ft). I've gone to the gym and run on the treadmill until my lungs felt like they would come right out my chest and I gained 2 pounds (obviously water weight and has nothing to do with all the oatmeal cookies I consumed). Neither Sherrie's no my alarm went off one morning (at least she wasn't late, I stayed over an hour). I made a couple of bad cuts and ruined $40 worth of oak.


However, my misfortunes are not the focus of this blog entry. It is really how fortunate I am. I received another wonderful letter from Jared. He loves his mission and is maturing into such a capable, responsible and independent young man. I have Jordan who wants to serve a mission and has been excelling in his scholastic and music endeavors. I have a beautiful daughter pulling straight A's in honors classes and socializing with an exemplary group of kids. I have a youngest son who is a great example for all the children in the neighborhood and takes care of his parents. I have a wonderful wife who is a great teacher and getting perfect scores on her graduate work. I have a great job and a nice, comfortable home. I have good neighbors and flowers blooming in the yard. Life really is good

No comments: