Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I'm Thinking This Morning

I watched parts of American Idol last night. I am trying to get the entry stairs done so I wasn't able to sit for the entire 2 hours and watch all the singers. I am having a harder time getting into the show this season. It seems as if the show has departed from the original format where America picked the Idol. I guess the Taylor Hicks season continues to have impacts. The judges seems to struggle with their feedback trying to give negative comments to good performances and vice versa. Well, I really shouldn't worry about television shows anyhow.

I am really irritated by the AIG bonuses. This is just another example of the greed and corruption that tanked the US economy. The excuse for the bonuses seemed even worse than the payments themselves. AIG needed to keep the poor performers who tanked the company so that they could recover. Sounds like extortion. What have we come to when it is more serious to shoplift (not that I am endorsing any crime) than to steal billions from the American taxpayers. Charge these goons with crimes and send them to jail.

I stepped on the scale this morning. I am still only down 2 pounds from my starting weight. I have been in the gym 5 days last week and 2 days this week. I noticed that my superfat clothes are getting to large to wear. So it must be that I am toning before I really start losing weight. To me it even appears that the gut is a little less gutsy.

I took advantage of the beautiful spring weather yesterday and went out and started cleaning out the gardens. I was happy to see that my crepe myrtles did not suffer any winter kill. The azaleas are getting ready to bloom and the hydrangea is starting to bud out. I have daffodils and pasque flowers blooming. I still have a ton of garden cleanout to get done. I violated my rule of not mail ordering plants and ordered some bletilla striata bulbs (hardy ground orchids). I grew them in Idaho Falls. They are originally from china and are a true orchid that grows in the ground and are cold hardy. I have never seen them available in stores so they have to be mail ordered. I am excited to get them and add them to my flower collection.

The stairs are progressing. I need to install the railing, but I am a little nervous because it requires drilling some large holes in expensive wood.

Today is Wednesday and I should get a letter (email) from Jared. I am always excited to see how he is doing. I spoke with Jordan last night and he is enjoying his spring break in Los Angeles. That reminds me that I need to get the trailer out from the side of the house and get it registered and ready for our camping trip.

No comments: